Esade Insurtech Program
Insurtech: New trends in the insurance industry
The esade program to improve your insurtech business
The technological revolution has multiplied the sales channels and modified the customer journey. Adapt to change and position products and services according to the new logic of the market.
- Set up an insurtech or digital conversion project insurtech
- Get a larger market share
- Find new business avenues
At the end of the Esade insurtech program you will be able to…
- Understand the importance of Insurtech through the exhibition of practical examples of companies that have been successful in recent years and learn about their commercial activators.
- Distinguish both the categories of insurtech businesses and their technological enablers.
- Learn to build a technology-based business model and put it into practice.
- Acquire the skills to design digital processes and apply them to business.
- Make the best make-buy-ally decision with technology companies and build long-term successful relationships.
- Design business strategies understanding the future that insurtech will draw.
What will I learn in this Esade insrutech program?
- The Insurtech ecosystem and the new challenges of the insurance sector
- Insurtech analysis from the perspective of venture capital
- The digital customer journey across the insurance value chain tab
- Insurtech business models and evaluation criteria
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data
- Deeptech, Blockchain and Internet of Things (IoT) insurtech applications
- Open innovation, Corporate venturing, Venture Client and M&A
Open innovation, Corporate venturing, Venture Client y M&A
If corporations are clear that part of the strategic challenges can be solved by Insurtechs, what are the brakes for the startup-corporation relationship to be fluid?
In this unit we will see the challenges that the sector faces innovating through the incorporation of Insurtechs to its organization. We will see the different approaches of corporate venturing and its relationship with startups, such as the venture client, until we reach the technology acquisition and integration processes.
Insurtech analysis from a venture capital perspectiveDo you know how to identify the criteria for analyzing Insurtech projects that minimize their risk? In this block of content we will use the venture capital analysis methodology to evaluate Insurtech technology projects. We will learn how to create and develop technology projects from scratch minimizing the risk and cost of their development. We will see what are the key elements of an Insurtech startup and how to develop entrepreneurial projects in a corporation (Intrapreneurship).
The customer journey of a digital customer across the insurance value chainThe insurance industry is undergoing an unprecedented digital transformation. Have you considered how these changes have affected your customers' habits? This unit will address the skills and concepts needed to successfully develop a digital transformation process that involves redesigning the customer journey. Emphasis will be placed on the customer-centric approach as a lever for success in the digitization of processes. In addition, we will analyze the customer journey of attracting new digital customers through a digital marketing plan and the digitization of the mediation channel and agents. We will review the methodology of agile projects (Lean, Agile, Scrum) to understand and know how to use the tools we have at our disposal.
Insurtech business models and evaluation criteriaWhat new business models have emerged in the insurance industry? When you identify a new business opportunity, what are the metrics to evaluate the business model? Knowing the different business models operating in the Insurtech ecosystem is fundamental to analyze and design new Insurtech projects. We will use the business model analysis methodology based on key management indicators or KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to measure, analyze and monitor the situation of our Insurtech.
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big DataTechnology is constantly evolving and changing, and with it, the opportunities for new business development. In this unit we will see the applications of technologies that are creating disruption in the insurance sector: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data. This unit provides participants with the leadership and technical interlocution skills to contribute in digital transformation work teams in projects related to these technologies.
Deeptech, Blockchain and Internet of Things (IoT) Applications to the insurance industryUnderstanding and knowing how to use the technologies we have at our disposal, such as Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), is essential to be able to design strategies for an industry in transformation. In this unit we will see how deeptech technologies allow us to solve some of the challenges faced by the sector through applications and case studies.
Open innovation, Corporate venturing, Venture Client and Mergers & AcquisitionsCorporations are clear that part of the strategic challenges can be solved by Insurtechs, what are the obstacles to a smooth startup-corporation relationship? In this unit we will see the challenges faced by the sector innovating through the incorporation of Insurtechs to its organization. We will look at the different corporate venturing approaches and their relationship with startups, such as the venture client, up to the processes of technology acquisition and integration.
75% of companies state that insurtech capacity building would help them meet their new demands(Source: Capgemini y Efma)
More than 1000 insurtech are operating in Europe(Source: Capgemini y Efma)
Insurtech investment reaches an all-time high(Source: Pitchbook)
Is the insurtech program for me?
- Executives of insurance companies, brokers or financial institutions
- Business professionals
- Product, Marketing, and Sales Managers
- Innovation, Corporate Venturing, or Venture Capital professionals
- Executives of banking, retail, telecommunications, automotive selling insurance
Jorge Blasco's experience on multiple technology company boards has given him an insider's view on how all sectors have been transformed by digital disruption. He now shares his experience as an entrepreneur and investor in the confluence of technology with the insurance sector, very much anchored in the technological legacy it has received. Digitalization and new technologies have generated new business models, new competitors and changes in customer behavior in practically all sectors of the economy in recent decades. Jorge shares in the program his knowledge as a digital entrepreneur, as well as the practical resources he uses as an investment analyst to understand how to create business models and an insurtech from scratch based on this technology experience and knowledge in the insurance sector.